And so six months of squeezing piping bags, banging trays, swearing at ovens and buying plastic boxes every time they're on special has come to an end. Joys, travails and trivia of the adventure:
- The mini-riot in the first week of sales at Liaison.
- Overhearing someone complaining that my macarons had too much filling.
- Watching someone yesterday taste one of every flavour before buying multiples of each.
- Discovering that people are scared of nutmeg (it was the only flavour that didn't sell fast), but unfazed by the woody unfamiliarity of licorice root.
- Having customers carefully eat around my dot, mistakenly believing it to be a blemish of some sort.
- Meeting some of the lovely regulars at Liaison.
- Putting dots on macarons is almost as hard as making macarons.
- Oh, and this:
Thanks for all your enthusiasm! Special thanks are due to Suzanne, Claire, Matt, Mark, Siâny and Danny. I wish everyone a great Christmas and a wonderful 2011. Perhaps I'll see you next year.
Wave goodbye to my 2010 babies (the Octomum has nothing on me!)
|ANTON||pandan+coconut||LUCA||lemon (white, extradark, pepper)|
|BETH||orange (white, dark)||LUCILLE||rose+lemon|
|BIANCA||pure licorice root||LUCY||mandarin|
|DARCY||cocoa nibs (vanilla, orange)||PERNILLA||blackcurrant|
|DAVID||raspberry (dark, white)||RASA||coconut|
|GUSTAV||Christmas spice||STEFAN||pistachio (white, salted)|
|JOANNA||date+orange blossom||YANNIC||salted caramel|
|JUDY||ginger||ZARA||passionfruit (white, effervescent)|